As a first year applicant, can I receive credit for college or university courses taken before enrolling at Dartmouth?

Yes, but there are a few things you should keep in mind:

  • First year students may transfer to Dartmouth a maximum of 4 courses taken elsewhere.
  • Transferred courses must be taken at an accredited four-year college or university in a department or program represented in the Dartmouth undergraduate curriculum.
  • Courses taken at a Community/Junior College or Online are not eligible to receive credit at Dartmouth.*
  • During the review of an application, the Admissions Committee will include the results of all courses taken (including from Community/Junior College or Online)
  • Faculty grant credit for courses on a case-by-case basis
  • Some departments may restrict the granting of transfer credit
  • Entering first-year students can file an Application for pre-matriculation Exemption and/or Credit described here.
*US military veterans may receive credit for appropriate course work pursued at a two-year community college or junior college.


Post a Comment